Numéro de la vacance : AFRO/16/SSA13
Classe : G5
Type de contrat : Contrat d'engagement spécial
Durée : 3 mois
Date : 9 juin 2016
Date de clôture : 23 juin 2016
Lieu d'affectation : Brazzaville, Congo
Unité administrative : AFRO Africa Regional Office (AF/RGO) / AF/DPC Disease Prevention and Control (AF/DPC)
|OBJECTIFS DU PROGRAMME
Regional Office Management Support Unit (RSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
|Description des fonctions
- Receive visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and acts according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting as appropriate.
- Provide background information for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members.
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance.
- Verify that outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with WHO and department styles and checking language, grammar and accuracy prior to submitting for signature and clearance.
- Analyze incoming correspondence and requests in the light of background material, instructions, policies and precedents, researching, obtaining and attaching background information in anticipation of the responsible officer's needs, or redirecting them as appropriate; identify and highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by professional staff, drawing their attention to specific items.
- Ensure that technical reports and documents are in line with WHO standards, rules, practices and procedures, editing and correcting them as necessary prior to their submission for signature or clearance of relevant authority.
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Support preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including letters of invitation, costs calculation and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents, dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and others involved.
- Schedule periodic team and ad hoc meetings, according to schedules and need; taking and preparation of minutes.
- Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team's professional staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.
- Using GSM/Oracle, prepare travel requests for official WHO travel. Make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
Desirable: Training in secretarial tasks and/or in an administrative field is desirable.
Verification of Educational qualifications:
"In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually".
The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through of in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software. Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Work requires the use of: word processing facilities to create, edit, format and print correspondence and documents; spreadsheet and visual presentation software; e-mail and scheduling software to improve communications both internally and externally; Oracle/GSM for administrative matters.
*1. Knowing and managing yourself
*2. Producing results
*3. Fosters integration and team work
* 4. Moving forward in a changing environment
Essential: 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Expert level in French with working level required in English
WHO's salaries are calculated in US dollars. They consist of a base salary and a post adjustment (for international positions only) which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel (for international positions only), education grant for dependent children (for international positions only), pension plan and medical insurance [NB: to be adjusted to the standard VN for posts in the general service category]. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WHO: http://www.who.int Click on: . to learn more about WHO's operations http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
|Traitment annuel (Net d'impôts)
fonctionnaire sans personnes à charge
|Cette vacance de poste pourra être utilisée pour pourvoir un poste similaire, au même grade.
|Les candidatures en ligne sont vivement encouragées pour permettre à l'OMS de conserver votre profil dans une base de données permanente. Veuillez consulter le site du recrutement en ligne de l'OMS à : http://www.who.int/employment/fr/ ; vous y trouverez toutes les informations sur les procédures relatives aux candidatures en ligne.
|L'OMS s'engage en faveur de la diversité au sein de son personnel.
|Tout engagement/toute prolongation d'engagement doit être conforme au Statut du Personnel, au Règlement du Personnel et au Manuel de l'OMS. Seules seront contactées les personnes dont la candidature est sérieusement prise en considération.